Welcome to Learning-at-Bristol
at-Bristol offers a one-stop destination for a great day out with endless educational opportunities.
at-Bristol covers science, nature and the arts. The exhibitions and events provide stimulating starting points, raising questions, promoting creativity and encouraging citizenship. Students will be interested and inspired, seeing new ways of looking at the world around us.
at-Bristol comprises three main attractions:
- IMAX Theatre-at-Bristol
at-Bristol has been designed with learning in mind. Read our vision statement.
- Free admission for teachers to plan a visit. Simply show our admissions staff a letter of identity, printed on your school’s headed paper.
- The opportunity to view an IMAX® film free of charge. Please book this in advance by telephoning 0117 9157777
- Briefing sessions and itineraries to structure group visits.
- Suggested activities to focus students’ visits.
- On-line and printed planning materials and post-visit follow up activities.
- A full programme of themed events and specialist resources supporting curriculum requirements will be available from September 2001. Information on workshops currently available.
Celebrate SCIENCE YEAR by taking part in our workshops and special events. Visit our Seven ways to celebrate Science Year activities page and find out what happened at the Giant Jump.
Now available in Adobe Acrobat(PDF) format (620K)
Trail sheets for Wildwalk and Explore
Do try this at home
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4
Planning a visit
If you are planning a visit to at-Bristol, click here to find out what you need to know.
On the day
Click here to find out what other information you might need for your visit.
Replicate your DNA at
our genetics workshops
INSET for primary science
at-Bristol collaborating with Bristol LEA offer 3 INSET days for KS1 & KS2 teachers
Contact our dedicated Education team for further information and assistance in planning and booking your visit
Tel: (0117) 915 7777 or e-mail us at [email protected]